Text Steganography In Python
The modern world of computation revolves around the word “data”. What is it about records that makes them so intriguing? In today’s modern world, people are beginning to understand the significance of facts to expand the scope of their businesses. Statistics were used by business owners to no doubt predict customer trends, boost income, and propel their companies to greater heights.
In order text steganography to protect statistics, we encrypt the message in a mystery technique that the receiver can understand most effectively.
In text Steganography, a message is hidden inside a larger one in such a way that no one knows what the hidden message is or what it contains
Pillow: Python Imaging Library is an unfastened and open-supply extra library for the Python programming language that adds support for commencing, manipulating, and saving many exceptional picture document codecs. To install this module use the below command
pip install PIL
Code Description & Execution
Steganography refers back to the method of hiding a secret message within a bigger one in this kind of manner that a person cannot recognize the presence or contents of the hidden message. Steganography is used to preserve the secrecy of conversations between two parties.
The idea behind image-based text Steganography is very simple. Images are composed of digital data (pixels), which describes what’s inside the picture, usually the colors of all the pixels. Since we know every image is made up of pixels and every pixel contains 3-values (red, green, blue).
Two same images are used as input and output.
Note: the images should be in png format.
How to Execute?
Note: Make sure you have added path while installing the software’s.
- Install the prerequisites/software’s required to execute the code from reading the above blog which is provided in the link above.
- Press windows key and type in anaconda prompt a terminal opens up.
- Go to the directory where your requirement.txt file is present, not just requirement.txt, if you want to execute any .py or .ipynb files, you need to go to that specific folder or path, where they are saved.
- <<directory of your file:>>. E.g., If my file is in d drive, then.
- Type d:
- cd d:\License-Plate-Recognition-main #CHANGE PATH AS PER YOUR PROJECT, THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE
7. If your project is in c drive, you can ignore step 4 and go with step 5
8. Run pip install -r requirements.txt or conda install requirements.txt (Requirements.txt is a text file consisting of all the necessary libraries required for executing this python file. If it gives any error while installing libraries, you might need to install them individually.), example: pip install “module_name”.
- We might face an issue while installing specific libraries, in this case, you might need to install the libraires manually. Example: pip install “module_name/library” i.e., pip install pandas
- Make sure you have the latest or specific version of python, since sometimes it might cause version mismatch.
We’ve learned about steganography and carried out a shortcode using Python’s inbuilt module Pillow library. The above code represents the workflow behind steganographic techniques. Facts safety has an unbounded destiny that’s simply beginning to upward thrust. Stay safe. Be mythical.